Are you looking for the best SEO tools to run, optimize, and manage your SEO campaigns?
Finding the best SEO tools that tick marks every field in your requirement list is not easy. It would be best if you had a tool that keeps track of your blog rankings, keyword performance, competitor research, website audit, and link management.
You can be working on one blog or multiple, and you would want your SEO efforts to be monitored, managed, and optimized to make smart decisions.
Yes, there are hundreds of SEO tools out there in the blogosphere that can help you, but not all of them will fit according to your needs.
Finding the best SEO tool to help you manage your SEO campaigns smartly can be a frustrating and time-consuming experience, especially when every tool in the blogosphere claims to be outstanding.
In this blog post, I'll share the process you can implement to find the best SEO tool that works perfectly for you and a list of few amazing SEO tools I have been using for four years.
Why Do You Need an SEO Tool?
Without data, It's hard to make smarter decisions to optimize your blog for search engines.
SEO tools make it easier for you to collect, manage, and optimize data to make wiser decisions that will benefit you in the longer run.
SEO is not the game of luck, but it's the game of wits.
How to Select the Best SEO Tool?
As I have mentioned earlier, there are hundreds of tools out there in the market, so finding the right one needs a bit of preparation.
To select the best SEO tool, you need to ask yourself the following questions:
- What's your goal with the tool?
- What are the problems you want the tool to solve?
- What's your budget for the tool?
- What's your comprehension and skill set about the tools?
- Do you need the SEO tool for the team or yourself?
Once you answer the above questions, you'll better understand why you need an SEO tool, what features you need, and how much you can spend on the tool.
SEMRUSH (My Best Recommendation)
If you've been blogging for a while, then it's very unlikely that you have not heard about SEMRUSH.
SEMRUSH is like an all-in-one tool that helps you optimize, manage your SEO efforts. The tools cover every aspect of SEO, whether it's keyword research, content optimization, competitive research, and social media.
It's quite a well-known and used tool in the Blogosphere regarding doing SEO the right way.
They have quite a big user base with some big names on the list, which boosts the trust and credibility factor for SEMRUSH.
I have been using SEMRUSH for nearly four years, and I love the tool, except for the user interface of the tools.
I feel SEMRUSH can improve the user interface to make the tool a lot easier to use.
But, hey, that's my opinion.
Some people love the layout of SEMRUSH. So, its just a matter of preference. But if it comes down to the feature list, you get a complete MONSTER to take your SEO game to the next level.
And, it's coming from personal experience. If you are quick on thinking and filtering data, there won't be any questions left unanswered.
That's how powerful SEMRUSH is!
Some Amazing Features of SEMRUSH
- SEO audits to keep you update about the health of your blog in search engines. It will be a lifesaver for you in many cases as you start to get a good amount of traffic.
- Google local listing optimization & management – Yeah! It might not be useful for bloggers, but this is the most important feature for you if you own a business.
- SEO optimized content template – SEMRUSH creates an article structure based on keywords that you can follow to improve the chances of ranking your blog post.
- Position Tracking Tool – Blogger produce a lot of content, and the position tracking tool allows for tracking the keyword rankings and alerts when the blog post ranks in SERPs.
- Competitive Research Analysis – To beat the competition, you need to understand your competitors' actions and how you can topple them.
The Basic Plan Starts From $119/Month
AHREFS (My Second Best Recommendation)
Ahrefs is my second go-to SEO tool when comparing data, doing in-depth analysis, and creating reports.
Ahrefs is another well-known and used SEO tool that bloggers, web admins, entrepreneurs use for keyword research, link building, content analysis.
If you're looking for a tool that gives you an idea about the metrics you need to go after, Ahrefs may be the tool you need.
You can see many similarities with SEMRUSH in the sense that Ahrefs give you a bunch of tools to do a lot of optimization stuff.
What I love about Ahrefs is the layout, and it's quite simple to comprehend.
The main reason bloggers use Ahrefs is to analyze a website's link profile, ranking, and overall SEO factors.
Some Amazing Features of AHREFS
- Keyword Research with top 10 search engines: With Ahref, you can go beyond Google, YouTube…
- Get estimate number of clicks for keywords: You don't need to depend on Search Volume; now, you can get a clear idea about clicks you can get from a SERP ranking.
- Track your backlink growth or decline to adapt or modify your marketing strategies.
- Content Gap: This feature is also available in SEMRUSH, but Ahref takes it one level ahead by allowing us to do this on a URL or a subfolder.
- Ahrefs SEO toolbar – Offers a Chrome extension that allows you to do SEO research without opening Ahrefs.
The Basic Plan Starts From $99/Month
RANKMATH (My Favorite SEO Plugin)
Have you ever used, All in One SEO, Yoast, or any other SEO plugin to optimize your blog posts to achieve better ranking in Google?
If yes! You might want to switch to RankMath because it's faster, easier, and more intuitive.
RankMath uses deep page analysis to suggest an improvement for your blog post based on your targeted keywords.
You can drill down to many on-page optimization factors of your blog post to better rank your blog post.
Some Amazing Features of RankMath
- Easily helps you fix broken links to avoid 404 pages.
- Content Audits & Improvements – helps you with actionable insights that would boost your blog post rankings.
- Virtual Robots.txt file: This allows you to create a virtual Robots.txt file for your blog.
You can get a FREE version of the plugin with limited functionality.
The premium version costs $59/Year.
AnswerThePublic – Content Idea Tool
As a blogger, you might know about the Blank Page Syndrome.
We all have dealt with it at least once when it comes to creating quality content consistently.
What if I tell you, AnswerThePublic is a permanent cure for blank page syndrome.
AnswerThePublic is a free tool that uses keywords to generate questions, sentences, phrases that you can use to write blog posts.
It's an amazing tool to get an idea for content when you have a tough time finding topics to write.
I use AnswerThePublic frequently to write content for my clients and blog, as well as Quora answers.
Some Amazing Features of AnswerThePublic
- Stop wild guess about content – Understand what type of content your audience wants to consume
- Find about the potential of ranking for the targeted keywords.
- Visualized Data – Let you visualize your keyword data in multiple contexts
You can use the basic features for FREE. The premium plan starts at $99/Month.
I don't need to preach to you about the importance of keywords!
You must have already heard it like thousand times; choosing the right keywords for blog posts is essential for making your SEO campaign work.
Keyword research is SEO's bread and butter. You can't miss it and expect everything would work like a charm.
Keywords Everywhere is a freemium tool that offers keywords suggestion as you browse web pages, search the web, or watching a YouTube video.
You need to install the FREE extension of Keywords Everywhere and all set. It will help you find keywords opportunity everywhere that you can save and implement in your marketing campaigns.
Some Amazing Features of Keywords Everywhere
- Extention Based SEO Tool- You don't need to visit a website or portal to access the tool
- Domain Analysis – You can perform a domain analysis to figure out the targeted keywords for your blog
The tool is free with limited features and works on a credit-based system. You need to buy credits, and you can use these credits to perform keyword searches.
Most bloggers start with shoe string budgets, so getting these SEO tools would be quite difficult.
The bitter truth is the growth always comes with a price tag attached to it.
Yes, you can do all of the tasks that these tools do for you manually; there's no doubt about it.
But, can you imagine the time you would be investing to do those mentally straining tasks?
It's a good number of hours that you can utilize more productively to grow your blog.
You want to reach a destination!
Would you take a walk to reach that destination? Or would you drive to that destination, book a cab to that destination?
Driving to the destination will save a lot of time for you that you can utilize wisely.
The same can be said for using SEO tools to grow your blog.
You can save many hours that you can utilize more wisely, and these tools will help you stay ahead in the game.
It's your decision!
You can choose to walk or ride to your success.
What SEO tool you use? Share your best SEO tools with us in the comment.